● Games with special components (no games only using cards, dice, and tiles)
● All themes and genres are welcome!
● Elegance (Easy rules that still provide interesting and engaging gameplay)
● Technical Excellence (Well-rounded rules without loopholes or imbalances)
● High Replay Value
● Games with an interesting use of timers will get an advantage in the judge process
● Both new and experienced authors may participate
● Only original, unpublished games
● Rules may be sent in English or Korean
● No submissions by Korea Boardgames employees are allowed
Required Submission Content
● Complete rules (.pdf, .doc or .ppt)
● 1-2 pictures of the game in progress
● Game Description (not more than one A4-page)
● Author Information Sheet with (scanned) signature find it here)
● Prototype (only if selected for the final round)
US$ 1000 + the offer to publish the game at Korea Boardgames with a $1500 royalty down payment
Jury and Selection Process
● The Jury will consist of the Korea Boardgames Editorial Team.
● Jury decisions are final and there is no right of appeal.
● No reason for elimination from the contest will be given.
The 2018 design contest is open to games with special physical devices.
Entries with these devices will not need to send prototypes after passing the first round.
However, a detailed explanation that clearly explains the device will be necessary.
● The rights to the games remain with the authors at all times.
● Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
● Korea Boardgames is not to be held liable for any unsolicited mailings
● Entries that don’t fulfill the requirements outlined in section 3 of these rules will be disqualified
● In case of fraud by participants, KBG reserves the right to withdraw or reclaim prizes as appropriate
February 12th to June 1st
July 23rd to August 17th
Until October 8th
Announcement of Winners